Insertable progressing cavity pumps
Reduce servicing costs and downtime with the Lifting Solutions iPCP.
The Lifting Solutions Insertable Progressing Cavity Pump (iPCP) is a thru-tubing pump seated inside the production tubing. With iPCP you eliminate the need to pull tubing on pump-related workovers lowering the costs of pulling tubing and reducing overall downtime on the well.
What challenge is this solving?
Tubing-related workovers are expensive especially in areas with reduced runtimes (increased servicing frequency) due to production challenges or in remote areas where servicing costs are increased. The iPCP saves time and operating expenses.
The iPCP is a thru-tubing pump seated inside the production tubing using a hold-down assembly so that the stator and/or rotor can be installed, pulled and replaced using Rod or Flush-by servicing equipment. The iPCP reduces servicing costs and associated downtimes, lowering overall production costs and reducing well downtime.
Save Costs and Reduce Downtime
- Lifting Solutions’ iPCP’s seating assembly is designed to work seamlessly with the different industry options for Pump Seating Nipples (PSN). It can be flushed by pulling the rotor completely out of the stator without having to unseat the pump, eliminating an unnecessary step to pull the tubing.
- Workovers can be limited with the iPCP by using smaller flush-by and/or rod rigs which reduces service and maintenance costs.
- When combined with other specialized downhole seating/sealing tools, the modified iPCP assembly allows for pump landing depth changes and well optimization without a seating nipple located in the tubing string.
- When tubing is kept in place during pump changes, all associated downhole monitoring systems and associated cabling can be kept in place during workover.
Our engineering team has designed a system that requires minimal service equipment to install, service, and replace. Key features include:
- The hammer tail engages with the “unseating ring” located inside the seating assembly that acts as a “no-go” during uninstallation or flush-by work-over.
- An integrated torque anchor at the bottom of the stator assembly contains torque and prevents backoff of the iPCP assembly components saving time and money.
- The hammer tail is located at the bottom of the rotor allowing the entire rotor to be pulled out of the stator prior to engaging with unseating mechanism thus eliminating the requirement for any “flush tubes” and reducing the entire length of a flushable iPCP assembly.
- The hammer tail is designed to safely drift the stator and locate the rotor in the stator during landing, seating and unseating.
- The Lifting Solutions’ iPCP is designed with three different sizes of seating rings to accommodate the Pump Seating Nipple inside diameter tolerances in the market.
- The design gives operators the added advantage of using existing API or Non –API Pump Seating Nipples already installed in the tubing completions, especially for artificial lift conversions.
- With the Lifting Solutions design, clients save time and can use existing downhole equipment.
Stator Discharge Seal
- The Lifting Solutions iPCP discharge seal and seating assembly are at the top of the insert pump assembly allowing ease of use in applications with sand and abrasive production applications.
- The discharge seal isolates the pump discharge from the Pump Seating Nipple and seating ring annulus to avoid any “sand packing” that would otherwise present unseating challenges and affect the normal operation of the PCP
- When the sand is kept above the discharge of the pump, it is either produced or flushed back through the pump during flush events.
Design My Pump
The best way to support your well challenge is to understand the root of the problem. Our technical application specialists and engineers are here to do just that.
From the stator to the rotor, to the formula of our Elastomers, the Lifting Solutions PCP systems is top of our industry.
The Lifting Solutions TorsionAL Progressing Cavity Pump is the solution for your toughest wells!
Let's solve your lift challenges.
Reach out and Experience Performance with Lifting Solutions.